Sunrise on the Maumee

Sunrise on the Maumee

Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Equilibrium


The hawks must come regularly, because the feeders aren't as busy as they used to be.


There is still the occasional Starling and Grackle - although I haven't seen a Cowbird since the last post.
There are four squirrels that seem content to eat from the ground.


The deer clean up every other day or so.  
There is a group of three does who eat from the ground - even close to the house.  
They alternate days sharing the task with a lone buck - who knows how to tip the perch feeder out in the yard. He doesn't touch the one close to the window, so there is always food for the earliest rising Cardinals and Titmice.


This doe found the last bit of pumpkin I put out after Thanksgiving.




2 comments:

  1. Awww, beautiful pictures! I put out pumpkins in front of my trail camera and I got pictures of coyotes peeing on it, and deer won't come near it now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG. I'm so glad I made it back to your blog. These pictures are awesome.

    ReplyDelete