Sunrise on the Maumee

Sunrise on the Maumee

Saturday, August 31, 2013

The Way, Way Back




In addition to being the name of a pretty good coming of age movie, it was Paul's solution to how to load 6 people in my car yesterday morning.  Denise found it quite amusing.


The "problem" was a meadow full of dewy Indian Grass - mistakenly planted years ago to cover a dune - and our reluctance to get soaking wet at the beginning of our day.  
It was beautiful driving towards the rising sun through the ocean of sparkling grass.
Unfortunately, the plant we had come to monitor (Great Lakes Goldenrod) had been invaded by the Indian Grass.  Count it we must; our dampness was merely delayed. 


We finished by monitoring more Great Lakes Goldenrod at Ostrich Barrens.  I've never seen so much Dense Blazing Star (purple).  The yellow flower is Gray's Goldenrod.

1 comment:

  1. First picture is darling.
    Second is lovely.
    Third has me wanting to see this glory.
    Am I allowed in there?
    Makes me feel as though I've missed summer.

    ReplyDelete