Sunrise on the Maumee

Sunrise on the Maumee

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

The Day After



     Yesterday morning was cold and clear.  Hudson and I took a long walk around the flood plain.  The deer herd was feeding in the meadow.  A curious gal came toward us while I paused to let Hudson sniff a bit, but they all scampered off as we went to walk around them.  I know there are at least three bucks in the area, but yesterday I saw just one (barely visible to the left).


     My extended family started arriving around 11:30am, including my maternal uncle out on a day pass from a nursing home in Wauseon.  This is his very active and outgoing granddaughter Faith, who was quite pleased with the deer hat my sister knitted for her, and the magic set I gave to her brother.

     The house was quiet by 6pm and Dan, Hudson and I snuggled up on the couch to watch a movie.  Normally I would be feeling a bit lonely today, but Dan doesn't go to work until this evening and we have a snowstorm to watch.


1 comment: