Sunrise on the Maumee

Sunrise on the Maumee

Monday, November 28, 2011

Hanging on to Fall


     Some Christmas decorations were up before Halloween and I don't like it.  I would rather savor each season as it comes.  So, even though the days are short, I'll wait to put my (electric) candles in the windows until next weekend.  
     I'm thankful we have not had snow that would crush the beautiful seeded annuals and perennials, like this goldenrod.  This photo was taken in Wildwood Park, looking south toward a great White Oak.  I've always thought of this oak as the one on the Metroparks logo.  It must have grown up by itself in this field to have such a symmetric form. 

1 comment:

  1. Great picture!
    All the way home through central Ohio yesterday, I was admiring the fields of still-standing plants.

    Yes. Grateful that the snow hasn't flattened them or my spirits.

    ReplyDelete