Sunrise on the Maumee

Sunrise on the Maumee

Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Meanwhile, Back at the Ranch...



The garden is doing very well this year.  
The mild winter and the wet spring helped.
This Clematis is one of the few with a fragrance.  
The white blossoms stand out early and late in the day, when I tend to be on the patio.


My friend and neighbor Johnna McWeeny gave me the Indigo above and the Siberian Iris below - two of my favorite plants.


The nesting birds have been having a hard time of it this year.  
The House Wren chased out the Chickadees that were trying to nest in the gourd out front, but were then raided by the Raccoon.  
The Tufted Titmice have not been seen in many weeks.  
And the Red-bellied Woodpeckers disappeared yesterday.  I saw a Starling go in and out of the hole this morning.  In all likelihood, the Raccoon raided the nest the night before last.
So far this season - Raccoons 3, Birds 0



No comments:

Post a Comment