Sunrise on the Maumee

Sunrise on the Maumee

Sunday, May 24, 2015

Kitty Todd




I try not to miss the blooming of the lupine and puccoon each spring at the Nature Conservancy's Kitty Todd Preserve.  My friend Cathy and I wandered around there a cloudy morning this past week.


There were lots of birds singing - Rufous-sided Towhees, Red-headed Woodpeckers, Field Sparrows, Northern Orioles.


And there were plenty of insects.  
This interesting bug landed on Cathy and may be the first recorded of it's kind in Ohio.  
Unfortunately, lots of ticks also landed on Cathy, but only one on me.
We decided it helps to wear a big hat sprayed with permethrin and it does not help to wear fluffy brown clothing.


1 comment:

  1. But I Iike masquerading as a deer. I guess I just picked the wrong place to indulge my fetish :) Oh. As for that bug . . . it would be the first recorded on Bug Guide for Ohio. . . not necessarily the first ever observed in Ohio. Still . . it's always fun to put Ohio on their data map.

    ReplyDelete