Sunrise on the Maumee

Sunrise on the Maumee

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

More Pups


     Our friends Natalie and Dave just bought a pontoon boat and took me for a ride this weekend.  They had their new 5 month old pup with them - JJ.  Turns out he is an American Pitt Bull Terrier mix they adopted from a rescue agency.  This photo does not come close to capturing how snugly he was.  
     I did a little more Internet research this morning.  I was wrong on my earlier post about Toro. The Little Rascals dog was an American Staffordshire Terrier, or American Pitt Bull Terrier (I can't seem to find much difference between the two).  These are the dogs currently targeted by legislation in many areas, not Bull Terriers.  The Staffordshire or Pitt Bull Terriers have a breed trait of being aggressive toward other dogs and animals.  The best link I found on this was here. Interestingly, they are generally so affectionate toward people, they are called "Nanny" dogs in England and do not make very good guarders of property.  

1 comment:

  1. This pup will be no danger to people and other pups Judging from that look he's giving the camera lens. "I'm ready for my close-up, Mr. DeMille."
    What a sweetie :)

    ReplyDelete